On 7th of October the technology and community teams teamed up to do community outreach with the computer science students at Pwani University. Amos from the Computer Science club reached out to us after their short visit to Swahilipot Hub during their school visit to Seacom. The team comprised of Athman Ziri, Johnes Mecha, Angela Mumbi, Kelvin Chivatsi, Paul Akwabi and Britone Mwasaru.
We did sessions on the following:
- Getting started with computer programming
- Choosing a programming language
- Computer Networking and the Swahilipot Hub Cisco Academy
- Introduction to Android Mobile Apps Development
- From idea to execution with Tech Kidz Africa as a case study
During the session we were impressed by the curiosity among the students and the questions were very good. The main theme was the challenges that everyone faces when they are starting to get into the computing field. We looked forward to have practical sessions on different sessions like web development, computer networks and mobile apps development.
Thank you the Pwani Unversity Computer Science team for reach out and looking forward to another session.