What is a Progressive Web App (PWA)?
Progressive Web Apps are experiences that combine the best of the web and the best of apps. They are useful to users from the very first visit in a browser tab, no install required. As the user progressively builds a relationship with the App over ti
me, it becomes more and more powerful. It loads quickly, even on flaky networks, sends relevant push notifications, has an icon on the home screen and loads as a top-level, full screen experience.
By now, you’ve probably heard that Progressive Web Apps are the future of all mankind. They’ll bring world peace, end hunger, save the rainbows and unicorns, bring balance to the force, and a whole lot more. In the process, they might even push the mobile web forward, bring parity to web and native apps, and help mobile developers reach more users beyond the confines of the app stores.
That all sounds great…but what are Progressive Web Apps, exactly?
“A Progressive Web App uses modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like user experience.” – Progressive Web Apps
Progressive Web Apps are:
- Progressive – Work for every user, regardless of browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement as a core tenant.
- Responsive – Fit any form factor, desktop, mobile, tablet, or whatever is next.
- Connectivity independent – Enhanced with service workers to work offline or on low quality networks.
- App-like – Use the app shell model to provide app-style navigations and interactions.
- Fresh – Always up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process.
- Safe – Served via TLS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Discoverable – Are identifiable as “applications” thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them.
- Re-engageable – Make re-engagement easy through features like push notifications.
- Installable – Allow users to “keep” apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store.
- Linkable – Easily share via URL and not require complex installation.
Architecting Progressive Single Page Apps with NG:
AngularJS is a powerful framework for building Single Page Apps.
The software industry is getting updated daily and one of the latest technology to use in your development activity is AngularJS. As you could see that for most of the businesses, it is recommended to have a mobile and web application.
AngularJS development offers features such as – Two way data binding, dependency injections, MVC architecture, directives and testing features and it follows Document Object Model (DOM) methodology which focuses mainly on improving testability and performance.
AngularJS is a toolset for building the framework most suited to your progressive web application development. It is fully extensible and works well with other libraries. Every feature can be modified or replaced to suit your unique development workflow and feature needs.